Number of Burritos

66 Burritos

Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Gringo Week



I’ve been extremely busy at work these past couple of weeks and did not have the time for any Zen Burrito moments in which I got to contemplate the universe or philosophize about rice and beans.  I did however watch an episode of Man vs. Food that took place at a taqueria in Los Angeles.  In the episode, Adam highlighted and attacked a monstrous two tortilla "Manuel Special"that professes to be “the most famous burrito in L.A.”  Watch the first couple of minutes in this clip.


The episode made me realize that I’ve been playing in the minor leagues of the burrito world my entire life.  It made me understand my life’s quest (at least for 2012).  I’m ready to step up to the majors.  I must experience the Manuel Special in person. I must venture up the 5 freeway to a place the locals call "El Tepayac.There I believe I will find the true meaning of burritos . . .

This Week
I'm a little disappointed in my burrito selection for the week.  Like I said, I was really busy 
1/18- Chipotle Chicken Burrito (I really don't like this place, but I was along for the ride with my co-workers). 
1/19- Homemade Breakfast Burritos for dinner (chicken Sausage, turkey Bacon and Eggs- Damn Hippie!) [2]
1/20- Chicken Burrito with enchilada sauce from a place in Santa Ana that has been dubbed "The Mexican Sizzler"
1/21- Homemade Breakfast Burrito


No comments:

Post a Comment